Mapping Spiffy Fields and Checkout Options to KEAP Fields (Integration Field Mappings)
- Directly from within the Active Campaign Integration settings - This is a quick way to set up field mappings if you already have custom fields set up in Spiffy, and just need to map them to Active Campaign fields
- From your Spiffy account Field Settings (Profile Icon>Settings>Fields) - From here, you will be able to create additional Spiffy custom fields, and manage your integration field mapping for your Spiffy standard & custom fields as you go!
When integrating with Active Campaign, Spiffy has always sent basic customer and order details (name, email, billing/shipping address, standard order information) to Active Campaign, but now, you can map and send additional data, like custom fields and even checkout options directly to standard and custom fields in Active Campaign upon checkout!
This feature is designed for you to be able to send field and option values directly to your integrated systems without the need to leverage Zapier. While Zapier is a powerful tool for linking systems, Spiffy wants to work to provide powerful direct integrations to popular systems like Active Campaign!
In the Spiffy Checkout Editor, you will even have the option to map inputs and options DIRECTLY to Active Campaign fields (standard & custom) without having to create a custom field in Spiffy!
With the ability to map additional field inputs and checkout options from Spiffy to Active Campaign, this gives you the power to set up some really flexible, conditional automation in Active Campaign, that can work off the additional field values that can be sent to Active Campaign upon purchase on Spiffy Checkouts!
-By default, Spiffy will automatically map basic fields to their appropriate fields in Active Campaign. This includes mapping the Spiffy Email Address field to the Active Campaign contact record Email Address field, as this is required by Active Campaign's API to create and update contact information that Spiffy sends over. Spiffy also maps contact Name and Address fields (Billing & Shipping) to their appropriate Active Campaign contact record fields by default.
-You will need to create any custom fields you currently need in Active Campaign prior to setting up field mapping in Spiffy. Spiffy will then pull in all of your available fields in Active Campaign when setting up field mapping. If you already have some custom fields created in Active Campaign, then you are all set!
-If you have created different custom field types in Active Campaign, like radio buttons or dropdowns,and want to map them to Spiffy fields and options, you will want to be sure that the values that you have set up in Spiffy for these fields & options match the values you set up in Active Campaign. If Active Campaign receives data for field types like these that does not match the per-configured values available, Active Campaign will ignore that specific information when it is received
-Active Campaign 'Text' type fields are the easiest to work with, as they will receive about any type of data sent via Spiffy (text, numbers, etc)
-For more advanced setups, you will have the ability to map Spiffy fields to multiple Active Campaign fields just by adding additional new mappings
Setting up Spiffy's Integration Field Mappings with Active Campaign works in a couple of different ways. You can set up global field mapping from the following places:
Be sure to map any of your Spiffy fields to Active Campaign using one of the methods above, as this setup process does not occur in the Spiffy Checkout Editor.
In the Spiffy Checkout Editor, you will be able to map inputs and options to Spiffy fields, and if you have set up field mappings for Active Campaign using one of the methods above, you will see an Active Campaign icon indicator, letting you know that the Spiffy field is mapped to an Active Campaign field:
Another option you will have for mapping inputs and options in the Spiffy Checkout Editor is the ability to do direct integration field mappings.
Direct integration field mappings let you map inputs and options directly to an Active Campaign field on a single checkout, These .
When selecting a field for your input or option in the Checkout Editor, you will find your Active Campaign Integration fields at the bottom of the list. Just click into the Active Campaign fields, and you will be able to select a field to directly map to:
In this next section, we will go over the setup process for the options covered above.
Mapping Fields from the Active Campaign Integration Settings:
- From the Spiffy Dashboard, click on the Profile icon, and select Integrations
- Click on Active Campaign from the Integrations list. If you haven't connected Active Campaign yet, just follow the prompts. Once connected, you will be able to click 'Field Mappings'
- You will notice that the Spiffy Email Address field has been mapped to Active Campaign's Contact - Email field by default and can not be modified, as this is required by Active Campaign
- Spiffy will also automatically map standard fields like First/Last Name, as well as Address fields (Billing & Shipping) to the standard Active Campaign fields. In most situations, you will not need to modify these mappings
- To add a new mapping, just click 'Add Mapping'
- Select a Spiffy field that you want to map to Active Campaign from the left dropdown, and the Active Campaign field that you want to map too, in the right dropdown. The Active Campaign 'Contact' fields will contain all of the standard and custom contact fields that you have in Active Campaign. The 'Order' fields will contain any custom order record fields that you have created in Active Campaign
- You can continue to add additional mappings by clicking 'Add Mappings' and following the same steps, as single field in Spiffy can be mapped to multiple fields in Active Campaign, if needed.
- Once finished, be sure to click 'Save Settings'
Mapping fields from the Spiffy Fields Settings in your Spiffy Account Settings:
- From the Spiffy Dashboard, click the 'Profile' icon, and select 'Settings'
- From the Spiffy Settings, select 'Fields' to display all of your Spiffy 'Standard' and 'Custom Fields'
- From the field management, you will be able to click on any 'Standard' or 'Custom' Spiffy field to open it's configuration
- In the 'Field Mapping Settings' section, click 'Add Mappings' and select your integration (Active Campaign) from the dropdown. If no fields have been mapped to the Spiffy field you selected, you will already see a dropdown to configure an integration action
- After selecting an integration, select one of the contact field sets to view available fields. The 'Contact' fields will contain all of the standard and custom contact fields that you have in Active Campaign. the 'Order' fields will contain any custom order record fields that you have created in Active Campaign
- Select the Active Campaign field that you want to map your Spiffy field to
- If you need to map the same Spiffy field to additional Active Campaign fields, or for more advanced setups, a different integration (Active Campaign, Infusionsoft, Hubspot etc), just click 'Add Mappings' and follow the same steps.
- Once you have selected an integration field to map your Spiffy field to, just click 'Save' to save your mapping
Using Spiffy Fields mapped to Active Campaign in the Checkout Editor
Once you have mapped Spiffy fields to Active Campaign fields via one of the methods covered above, any checkout that already has inputs or options that store info to these fields will automatically start sending field values to Active Campaign. If you are looking to set up saving input and option values to Spiffy fields, here are a couple quick tutorials.:
- From the Spiffy Checkout Editor, add an 'Input' field to your Checkout
- In the Input field configuration, click on the 'Field' dropdown and select one of your Spiffy fields. The fields that have been mapped to Active Campaign will display a small Active Campaign icon to the right
- Once you have selected the Spiffy field to store input values too, configure the rest of your field as needed, an click the 'Save' button at the top of the input configuration settings
- From the Spiffy Checkout Editor, add a set of 'Options' (Checkboxes, Dropdown, Radio Option)
- From the 'Options' configuration settings, click the 'Save Selection to a Field' button
- Using the 'Field' dropdown, select the Spiffy field that you would like to store values too. Your fields that have been mapped to Active Campaign will display a small Active Campaign icon to the right
- IMPORTANT: Once you have selected a field to store values to, be sure to review your available options, as there will now be a 'Value' field in the configuration for each option. This is an optional field used to set the value that is stored to the field when an option is selected upon checkout. This can be different than the text your customer's see for the options. If no 'Value' is set, Spiffy will use the option's 'Text' when storing a value upon checkout.
- Make any other configuration changes needed for your options, and click 'Save' to save your changes
Mapping Inputs and Options Directly to Active Campaign Fields
Direct Integration mapping is a little different than what we have covered so far. This method of mapping lets you tie an input directly to an integration field (Active Campaign), This will NOT store to values to a Spiffy field, but instead directly link the option or input to a field in Active Campaign. This can come in handy if you want to add an input or option to a specific checkout and need to quickly map the values to Active Campaign directly. This setup is very similar to the previous configuration steps.
- From the Spiffy Checkout Editor, add an 'Input' or an 'Option'
- Click on the 'Field' dropdown, and scroll to the bottom of the list. (For 'Options' click the 'Save Selections to a Field' button to display the 'Field' dropdown first)
- At the bottom of the dropdown list, under the 'Integrations Fields' section, click on your integration (Active Campaign)
- After selecting an integration, select one of the contact field sets to view available fields. The 'Contact' fields will contain all of the standard and custom contact fields that you have in Active Campaign. The 'Order' fields will contain any custom order record fields that you have created in Active Campaign
- Select the Active Campaign field that you want to map your Spiffy Input or option values to
- IMPORTANT: If you are mapping an 'Option', be sure to review the available options, as there will be a 'Value' field in each option's configuration. This is an optional field to set the value that will be stored when the option is selected upon checkout. This can be different than the 'Text' that displays on the checkout. If no 'Value' is set, Spiffy will use the option 'Text' when storing a value.
- Once you have selected an Active Campaign field to directly map the input or option to, make any other changes needed and click 'Save' at the top of the configuration options.