Placing Manual Orders In Spiffy (Internal Checkouts Overview)
Spiffy gives you the ability to quickly place manual orders for your customers, while logged into your Spiffy account. With our internal checkouts, you will be able to quickly take and place orders for your customers over the phone or email!
Spiffy's internal checkouts are actually just the same checkouts that you have already created in Spiffy, the only difference is, you will access them via the 'New Order' option in your Spiffy Dashboard's 'Sales' tab!
When using the internal checkout view to place an order, you will have the option to search for an existing contact, and Spiffy will automatically pull in all of their information from a previous order. If your customer has paid via credit card before, you will be able to select an existing payment method to use for the manual order!
In this article, we will give you a quick overview on how to start using internal checkouts to place a manual order!
- When selecting a checkout to use for a manual order, you will be able to select any of your active checkouts that you have created, as well as deactivated checkouts. This can come in handy if you need to create a checkout specifically for internal use, as you can have it set to 'Deactivated' so that it can never be accessed via a public link
- If you have set up ' Purchase' and 'Add-on' automation actions on the checkout, these actions will run accordingly, when you place a manual order via the internal checkout view
- Stored payment methods for existing customers will ONLY include credit card payment types. This will not work with PayPal as this requires the customer to log-in to PayPal. If the customer needs to pay with PayPal, the best option would be to have them visit a standard checkout
- One-Click Upsell pages that you may have on your checkouts are not included in the Internal Checkout / Manual Order process. If you need to include additional items on a manual order for a customer, it would be best to create a checkout specifically for internal use, that includes the additional line items
From the Spiffy Dashboard, Click on 'Sales' from the top nav and select '+ New Order'
Select a Checkout to use from the dropdown. If you know the name of your checkout, just start typing the name in
When you select a checkout, you will be ready to start placing manual orders!
If you are placing an order for an existing customer, start by selecting the customer from the 'Select Existing Customer' dropdown.
Selecting an existing customer will automatically populate the Contact's information on the checkout
If you are placing a manual order for a new customer that has not placed an order on a Spiffy Checkout before, just start filling out the Checkout as normal
(Optional) If you have set up discount promos for the selected checkout, you will be able to select a discount from the dropdown in the 'Order Summary'. To add additional available discount promo codes, you will need to set this up in the Spiffy Checkout Editor first
After filling out any additional checkout fields, and selecting any Checkout Options / Plans available on the Checkout, you will be able to select or enter your customer's credit card info
- If you selected an existing customer at the start of the manual order, you will have the option to select one of their existing payment types if they have used a credit card on one of your Spiffy Checkouts in the past, or click 'Add New' if they have a new card to purchase with
- If you are placing a manual order for a new customer, just enter their credit card details
Next, just click 'Review Order' to give everything a final review before completing the manual order
Once you have reviewed the order, just click 'Place Order' to finish processing the order. When the order is placed successfully, you will see a confirmation and then be redirected to the customer's order record. If you have any 'Purchase' or 'Add-on' integration actions set up on the Checkout that you used, those actions will run accordingly.