Subscription One Click Upgrade Overview (Subscription Upgrade)
One Click Upgrades are upgraded offers to your subscription plan, presented to your customer after the initial checkout. One Click Upgrades are similar to One Click Upsells, but the difference is, a One-Click Upgrade gives you the option to offer your customer a chance to upgrade their subscription that they purchased on your main checkout offer.
E.g Offering an upgrade straight to an annual plan, after a customer has purchased a monthly plan.
- When setting up a One Click Upgrade, the first step is to select the subscription plan you would like to offer the upgrade on (i.e, when a customer chooses this plan they will be offered the One Click Upgrade). E.g selecting the monthly plan for the One Click Upgrade to offer the yearly plan after the initial checkout.
- When a One Click Upgrade is present on the checkout, Spiffy will still run any automation that you have set up for the the initial purchase. If the One Click Upgrade is accepted, any automation configured for it will also run, so be sure to set up your automation in your connected system to accommodate this.
- When a One Click Upgrade is present on the checkout, Spiffy will delay the subscription payment for the initial purchase. If the upgrade is accepted, the customer will be charged the amount for the upgraded subscriptio n, and not the initial subscription price. If the customer declines the upgrade, they will be charged the price of the initial subscription. If the customer abandons the upgrade page, Spiffy will charge the amount from the initial subscription purchase within 6 hours.
- Any Discount/Promo code used on the main checkout will not reflect on the upgrade option as discounts do not apply to upsells/upgrades
Selecting a Layout:
Spiffy currently offers two layout options for Upsell/Upgrade pages.
1) A default two-column layout with an option for a video and a product image
2) A single column video layout
Use the Layout Settings dropdown in the Upsell Settings to select one of the available layouts. Select one of the available layouts and Save to switch layouts.
Here are a couple quick examples of how the two layout options look. Be sure to experiment with both to see which one best fits your content and offer!
Default Layout (this has the option to include a small video as well as a product image):
Video Layout (this has the option to include a large video, does not include product image):
In the Checkout Editor, to your checkout that offers a subscription
Click the + add upsell button.
Hover over the upsell editor and click Edit Block.
This will open the Upsell Settings sidebar. Start by clicking Subscription Options to switch the settings to the Subscription configuration
Click on the starting subscription option to set up the subscription plan that you would like to offer as an upgrade. (If your main checkout offer was a Monthly subscription, this upgrade could offer the Annual plan).
You can add a free trial to the upgrade offer by selecting Add Trial and entering the amount of trial days that you want to offer on the upgraded subscription, if accepted by your customer.
Next we will be converting this offer into a One Click Upgrade that will only be presented to your customer when they purchase a specific subscription plan on your main checkout.
Click on the Subscription Upgrade tab of the configuration to expand it.
Select an available subscription plan from the dropdown that you want to offer the upgrade for. This dropdown will ONLY display subscription plans that are available on your main checkout offer.
Now that you have selected a plan from your main checkout, this will tell Spiffy to ONLY show your customer this offer if they purchased the selected subscription on the main checkout. If another offer was accepted on the main checkout, Spiffy will not display this upgrade offer during the checkout process.
Next, you can continue configuring the look and feel of your One-Click Upgrade page within the Content Settings and the Button Settings.
You will also be able to add purchase automation to your upgrade by clicking the Add Automation button. When configured, the automation will trigger events in your connected systems (Infusionsoft/Keap, Active Campaign, Zapier, HubSpot etc) when the upgrade is accepted.
To do this, select Add Automation and choose the integration system you wish to use.
If you are offering multiple options as part of the upgrade, you will need to go into each option to configure the automation.
Don't forget to Save and Publish - and you have added your One Click Upgrade!
Got a question? Send us an email over at email@example.com