Subscription One Click Upgrade Overview (Subscription Upgrade)
One Click Upgrades are upgraded offers to your subscription plan, presented to your customer after the initial checkout. One Click Upgrades are similar to One Click Upsells, but for subscription plans instead.
E.g Offering an upgrade straight to an annual plan, after a customer has purchased a monthly plan.
- When setting up a One Click Upgrade, the first step is to select the subscription plan you would like to offer the upgrade on (i.e, when a customer chooses this plan they will be offered the One Click Upgrade). E.g selecting the monthly plan for the One Click Upgrade to offer the yearly plan after the initial checkout.
- When a One Click Upgrade is present on the checkout, Spiffy will still run any automation that you have set up for the the initial purchase. If the One Click Upgrade is accepted, any automation configured for it will also run, so be sure to set up your automation in your connected system to accommodate this.
- When a One Click Upgrade is present on the checkout, Spiffy will delay the subscription payment for the initial purchase. If the upgrade is accepted, the customer will be charged the amount for the upgraded subscriptio n, and not the initial subscription price. If the customer declines the upgrade, they will be charged the price of the initial subscription. If the customer abandons the upgrade page, Spiffy will charge the amount from the initial subscription purchase within 6 hours.
- Any Discount/Promo code used on the main checkout will not reflect on the upgrade option as discounts do not apply to upsells/upgrades
Selecting a Layout:
Spiffy currently offers two layout options for Upsell/Upgrade pages.
1) A default two-column layout with an option for a video and a product image
2) A single column video layout
Use the Layout Settings dropdown in the Upsell Settings to select one of the available layouts. Select one of the available layouts and Save to switch layouts.
Here are a couple quick examples of how the two layout options look. Be sure to experiment with both to see which one best fits your content and offer!
Default Layout (this has the option to include a small video as well as a product image):
Video Layout (this has the option to include a large video, does not include product image):
In the Checkout Editor, to your checkout that offers a subscription
Click the + add upsell button.
Hover over the upsell editor and click Edit Block.
In the Upsell settings, click on Upsell Product.
Select Switch to Subscription
Next, click Subscription Upgrade. Now you are ready to begin configuring your One Click Upgrade!
In the first dropdown, select a plan from your initial checkout to offer an upgrade for.
In the second dropdown, select a subscription plan to offer as the upgrade. You will also have the ability to create new plans here, if needed.
Next, you will have the option to change the Line Item Name.
You can also add Trial days, as well as a startup fee here. Just click on these options to add and configure them.
Next, you can configure your One Click Upgrade page settings. Click on Content Settings to start modifying the page content, as well as the optional Button Settings.
You will also be able to add purchase automation to your upgrade by clicking the Add Automation button. When configured, the automation will trigger events in your connected systems (Infusionsoft/Keap, Active Campaign, Zapier, HubSpot etc) when the upgrade is accepted.
Don't forget to Save and Publish - and you have added your One Click Upgrade!
Got a question? Send us an email over at email@example.com