MemberPress Integration Overview
Spiffy is proud to announce the launch of our MemberPress integration. If you run MemberPress on your site, you now have the option to connect your MemberPress site with Spiffy, giving you the ability to set up automation to Activate and Deactivate memberships.
Spiffy's MemberPress integration is designed to be a very simple integration. If you already have automation set up to handle granting and removing MemberPress membership access in your CRM, you may not need to use Spiffy's MemberPress integration.
In this overview, we will show you how to get connected, and how to get started with setting up membership activation/deactivation automation.
MemberPress Integration - Please Note
- When MemberPress is connected, Spiffy will only add or update Users in WordPress if you have set up MemberPress Automation on a checkout. If a new customer places an order on a checkout that does not have MemberPress automation set up, they will not be added as a "User" in WordPress.
- Spiffy currently uses the Email Address entered on a checkout as the WordPress/MemberPress Username.
- (Temporary Limitation) Spiffy is unable to update existing MemberPress users where the Username and Email don't match (users that existed prior to, and were not created by Spiffy). We are currently working on a solution for this limitation, and should have it available in the coming weeks
Connecting your MemberPress site to Spiffy is a quick and simple process. You will need:
- The WordPress URL that your MemberPress site is installed on.
- Your MemberPress API Key.
You can find your MemberPress API Key in your Developer settings, under Rest API.
Once you have your MemberPress URL and API Key ready, head over to Spiffy, select the profile icon and then Integrations.
From the Integrations list, find and select MemberPress
Enter your WordPress URL and MemberPress API Key in the Connection Details
Click Connect MemberPress to save your settings and connect MemberPress. You should see a note letting you know you are connected. If you receive an error, please check your WordPress URL and API Key are correct. (Make sure you haven't left out the 'https ://' on your URL).
Once connected, you can close the integration window. You will now have MemberPress actions available, in purchase and billing automation!
You will now be able to start leveraging our simple MemberPress automation actions to Activate/Deactivate memberships for customers in your Spiffy Checkout Automation, as well as Spiffy's Billing Automations (Global Billing Automation or Tier Based Subscription Automation).
Anywhere that you can set up Automation in Spiffy, these MemberPress actions will be available for use!
Integrating with MemberPress gives you the ability to automate 2 simple functions: activating and deactivating a membership for a customer.
To set up the Activate Membership action, select an existing MemberPress membership from the drop-down.
You will also have the option to send a welcome email. This welcome email is the template Welcome Email found in your MemberPress. This is not a Spiffy delivered email. This feature is commonly used when setting up initial purchase automation.
To set up the Deactivate Membership action, select an existing MemberPress membership from the drop-down,
When this action is triggered for a contact, the selected membership will be removed from their user record in MemberPress, revoking access to this membership.
If you have any questions or feedback about our simple MemberPress integration, please let us know. We have plans to enhance the integration in the future, and we are interested in your feedback!
Got a question? Send us an email over at firstname.lastname@example.org